around these parts

For the last month or two I've been juggling two jobs: one as an assistant to a sales rep for Vivint Solar, and another as a nanny twice a week to a sweet Italian baby boy. Right now the boy is sleeping and there's just enough time to post some thoughts and pictures of the last little while.

Jesse got a brand new, matte black, spiffy bike for his birthday and we've had fun taking it out for rides. There's a park down the street that's perfect for Sunday afternoons like the one below. 


San Diego: land of close destination vacations! We love having visitors and have been lucky to see Jesse's mom a couple times. Her hotel room has the most awesome views of the city and bay. 


On Memorial Day we rode our bikes around Coronado Island. There's such beautiful homes there and you can't beat the beach in Southern California! These jets spelled out phrases in the sky in such a unique way! We read, swam the waves with the body board, and later made a delicious BBQ and watched a movie.  It was a perfect sort of day and reminiscent of all those who fight for our freedoms. T was especially great to remember Grandpa Watson on his would be 90th birthday.👌


I've been trying to walk more every day so that includes to the grocery store and back. I couldn't resist these cherries and it made a great little snack on my way home. Summer is the best. 


So my other job, as an assistant, is great because I get to work from home. I was asked if I'd like to earn more money and set up a local office. Of course extra cash is appreciated but I don't think we'll ever forget this experience! 


We went to the temple the other weekend with Jesse's coworker, Hau, and wife. Afterwards we ate dinner at the mall and walked around the shops. Jesse surprised me with this beautiful dress at my favorite store, JCrew. This picture is the second time I wore it- to a stake conference with Elder Christofferson! It was special to see and an apostle and hear his testimony. I'm grateful for our testimonies in the restored gospel and for the priesthood the men hold. God is good! 


Oh and the other night at 2:30 in the morning, 9 cop cars, 1 fire truck, undercover truck and suburban we're parked outside our window. Apparently our neighbor was stabbed! We listened through the walls and have concluded it was a domestic abuse situation. Crazy because our neighborhood is so good for us right now! But we may have so save more pennies and see what else is available. 



Comments

Popular Posts