the last of Alaska in August






Our last few days were spent at home and spending quality time together, watching movies and hanging around outside. We admired all of Seth's shell necklaces that members and friends gave him on the mission. We walked around downtown and went clothes shopping for Seth. We ate at our favorite Moose's Tooth (those garlic fries are the best) and also fine dined at The Crow's Nest at the top of Captain Cook Hotel. It was the fanciest meal we've enjoyed in quite a while! Butternut squash soup with apple chutney at the base, lamb's meat with bone marrow and saffron risotto- new and old flavors to me but also mouthwatering just thinking about. Jesse wasn't a fan of the anchovies in his ceaser salad but we all agreed the dessert was divine.

Being home and with siblings, parents, and nephews and niece was so so good for me. It just felt surreal to be able to show Jesse the setting of many of my stories and to see and be with people I love dearly. I wish I could have spent more one on one time with each person- especially because its such a rare occurrence now for me. I love them and I love Alaska. And I love my parents for affording us all the experiences and opportunities.





Comments

Popular Posts